Day 15: Oats
3 Reasons to eat Oats:
- Oats are great source of whole grains packed with energy fueling carbs, fiber and protein.
- Eating oats helps stabilize blood sugar, lower cholesterol, and control blood pressure.
- If you are Gluten-Free like me, you’d like to know that recent studies show that eating more oats will enhance then nutritional value of your GF diet by increasing your mineral, vitamin and antioxidant level!
Baked Banana Apple Oatmeal
1/2 cup GF oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 teas. baking powder
1 small apple
(Other options are adding 1/2 teas. vanilla extract, blueberries, cacao or maple syrup)
- Heat oven to 350f.
- Combine Oats and almond meal, let soak for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut your banana in half.
- Mash half your banana and one date and mix with oats.
- Add cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into your ramekin.
- Top with banana and apple slices.
- Bake for about 20 mins until slightly brown on top and crisp.
- Top with coconut flakes
See you tomorrow for letter “P.” ♥